Overview of the Sales Funnel
Learn about sales funnels and how to set up one
- What is a sales funnel?
- How sales funnels can benefit your eCommerce?
- How to create your first sales funnel
- Start from scratch
- Using a pre-made sales funnel
- Available steps in a sales funnel
- Sales page
- Thank you
- How to add a funnel step
- How to edit content your pages
What is a sales funnel?
A sales funnel attracts potential customers through a series of steps and leads them to buy. For example, a visitor finds an advert for a hoodie and clicks on the link to get more details about the product. He enters a series of connected sales pages that finally nurture him to purchase. We call it a sales funnel.
How sales funnels can benefit your eCommerce?
The selling process is not as easy as offering a list of products and asking your customers to buy. With a sales funnel, you have all the room to nurture your audience, build trust and make them ready for purchase. And that’s one of the reasons you can simply sell more. Also, it lets you increase average order value by adding upsells and order bumps with your offers.
How to create your first sales funnel
To add your first sales funnel in SellKit,
- First click on the SellKit from the left-side panel in your WordPress dashboard.
- Then select the Add Sales Funnel.
To continue creating your sales funnel you can start from scratch or choose a premade template to go on.
Start from scratch
By choosing this option you need to add and manage every step of the funnel by yourself. To begin:
- Click on the Plus icon.
- A window will open asking for the funnel title. Choose a name and select the Create button.
- Wait until the funnel is created.
Now you have a blank funnel where you can add your desired steps. To get details about what types of steps you can add, read this section.
Using a premade sales funnel
Premade funnels include different steps and you don’t have to add them from the beginning. To get ready-made funnels,
- Hover on your desired template and select the View Steps button.
- On this page you can preview the steps included in the funnel.
- Choose the Get Funnel button.
Now you have an editable funnel with pre-built steps.
Available steps in a sales funnel
There are four different steps available within your funnels you can consider:
A sales page is a landing page designed to promote or sell a specific product. Business owners can use this page to attract visitors to sell their goods.
A checkout page collects customers’ payment details including shipping/billing information and lets them complete their order.
An upsell page allows you to suggest one-time offers to your customers. You can use this page to sell further items other than the main product. For example, if you’re selling an iPhone 13 pro, you may propose a Charger or additional Cable as an upsell to buy.
A Thank you page is a page that appears right after customers make a successful purchase. This page is supposed to be the last step in every sales funnel.
How to add a funnel step
In order to add a step for your funnel:
- Click on the +Add New Step button.
- Select the type of Step you want to add by clicking on its icon.
- If you choose Start from Scratch you have to create your page design from A to Z. In this case you have to first select a name for the step and then click on the Create button.
- Else, you can pick a ready-made template by clicking on the Import button.
Also, for any existing steps you can perform the following actions:
- Move: Drag and drop your step to arrange them as you want.
- Duplicate: Click on the three-dotted icon next to your preferred step and select the option.
- Remove: Click on the three-dotted icon next to your desired step and choose the Delete icon.
- Activate/Deactivate: Select a step and then click on the Toggle button placed on the right side of the screen to activate or deactivate it. Note that a deactivated step appears in red.
How to edit the content of your pages
You can edit the content of every page with the Elementor page builder or the WordPress Block Editor. To edit the content of any page using this option:
- Select your step in a funnel.
- A tab, called Design will appear on the right side of the screen.
- There are three options where you can choose to Edit with Elemntor, Edit with Block Editor, or Preview the page.
These options will let you edit all of the contents within a page from top to bottom.