Overview of Smart Notices
Learn about smart notices and how to set one
- What is a smart notice?
- How smart notices can benefit your e-commerce?
- How to create a smart notice
- How to activate or deactivate smart notices
- How to edit your smart notice
What is a smart notice?
A smart notice is a personalized message in a recognizable box that can be placed anywhere on your website and displayed based on the condition(s) that you set.
How smart notices can benefit your e-commerce?
Smart notices can boost engagement and increase the chances of more orders. You can display various messages in different places on your website and provide links related to that message to promote your marketing plan. A simple example can be the “Free shipping for orders above $250” message on the checkout page which can persuade customers to place more orders if their cart is less than $250.
How to create a smart notice
From the left sidebar in your WordPress dashboard click on the SellKit icon and then choose Notices.
In the Notices page, click on Add New, and follow these steps:
- Specify a name for the notice you’re going to create.
- Add one or more condition(s) to trigger the notice, SellKit offers 30+ conditions for you to choose from.
- Provide the content of your notice:
- Text message: Write the content of your notice and you can add dynamic keywords to the message so it can be unique for each user.
- Button: You can define text and address for the button.
- Skin: Choose message, info, or error as the skin for the notice.
- Set a priority for your notice. Priority of 1 is the notice that is shown first and priority of 20 is shown the last.
- Choose where the notice should be displayed. You can choose one or more of these places:
- Product single
- Order received
- My account
- Custom location (You should copy the shortcode and place it anywhere in your website that you want)
- Click on the Create button.
You can activate the notice immediately after creation by turning on the Activate this Notice immediately after it is created.
How to activate or deactivate smart notices
There are two ways to activate notices:
- While creating your notice you can turn on the Activate this notice immediately after it is created toggle, so the notice will activate immediately after creation.
- Go to SellKit > Notices and in the table of the notices click on the [three dot inline image] from the relevant notice and click on Activate.
In order to deactivate a notice go to SellKit > Notices and in the table of the notices click on the [three dots inline image] from the relevant notice and click on Deactivate.
How to edit smart notices
To edit a smart notice do the following steps:
- Go to SellKit > Notice and in the table of the notices click on the [three dot inline image] from the relevant notice and click on Edit.
- Make the changes you want on the opened page.
- Click on the Update button.